Reblogging because this actually is a thing that should concern more people.
I literally just went from aw to wtf.
NO BUT THIS IS WHY I LOVE LAIKA THO,
there was this big uproar over a character from paranormal being gay, so what do they do? next movie, they make a commercial that THROWS THE GAY IN YOUR FACE. They’re literally not being subtle at all about their queer representation and I fucking love them for it
Throw the gay in your face is perhaps the best thing I’ve heard all week.
it’s very telling that thin women react so strongly when they think they’re being insulted but take every opportunity to drag fat women down and criticise their bodies in order to boost their own self esteem
I not a “thin woman” but I think it’s very harmful to talk about “thin women” like they are one entity or another species. A thin woman can become fat, a fat woman can become thin, and some fat women are dicks out of insecurity and some thin women are dicks out of insecurity but really to solve the problem we need to make all women - all people - feel more secure, so they can chill out and stop worrying about how much fat it stuck to their body- we do NOT need MORE ways to separate each other and put each other down.
DO NOT BUY THIS BRAND.
Pedigree is on a nationwide recall.
Pedigree made my 6 month old puppy too ill to eat anything for days.
If you have this brand please toss it and buy Purina, Science Diet, or Blue.
Please do not feed this to you animals.
Do not buy this brand.
Also do not buy this brand just because its terrible low quality food
Here are some wonderful facts about Sea World’s orcas!
- The average lifespan of wild orcas ranges from 30-50 years, although some females can easily make it past 80 (a wild orca named J2 or ‘Granny’ is 103 this year!). The lifespan of a Sea World orca is around 25 years, the median age being 9. But at least they put on a good show!
- Don’t worry, collapsed dorsal fins are a common condition, although in the wild only sick or injured orcas have collapsed dorsal fins. All of Sea World’s males and some females have it, it makes them look unique!
- The size of Sea World’s tanks compared to an orca is about the same as a human to a bathtub. Lot’s of room to stretch and move!
- Wild orcas swim 100+ miles a day, they would have to swim around their tank 1,400+ times a day to achieve that. But that seems like a lot of work, and you may see the animals hanging out near the surface of the water or on the bottoms of their tanks for hours. That’s a lot more relaxing than swimming all those miles!
- Sea World gives their orcas a Valium-like drug to stop the whales from acting aggressively towards each other and to numb their minds from their vastly uninteresting concrete tanks. Buying a ticket to Sea World is an excellent way to help them pay for these drugs that they pump their animals full with!
- Many captive orcas show abnormal behaviors like head bobbing, chewing on concrete, and self mutilation by banging their heads into the side of the tank. Obviously just temper-tantrums! Silly things.
- In the wild, there has been only one orca attack. Bad orca! While in captivity, there have been over 100 attacks and 4 deaths. These animals just need more training, it couldn’t possibly be related to their confinement!
- Food is used as reinforcement for tricks. Do a trick, get your dinner. Don’t want to do a trick? I guess you don’t eat tonight you stubborn thing!
See? Sea World isn’t as bad as people make it out to be! Oh, one more fact: for every $1,000,000 Sea World makes, about $600 goes into conservation efforts (about $0.5 a ticket). I’m so glad they care about conservation of the ocean! Amazing work!
If you haven’t realized it yet, this post is 100% sarcastic. It should be obvious, but not everyone understands sarcasm…
Please don’t let this die
Another species to be added to the ever-growing tick-list:
Africa’s Western Black Rhino has been officially declared EXTINCT. Poaching and lack of conservation have led the subspecies of black rhino to extermination, while the Northern White Rhino is ‘teetering on the brink of extinction’.
Way to go, humanity.
what’s sad is hardly anyone fucking cares or wants to hear about it let alone talk about it
Today’s the day. The day you help save the internet from being ruined.
(Long story short: The FCC is about to make a critical decision as to whether or not internet service providers have to treat all traffic equally. If they choose wrong, then the internet where anyone can start a website for any reason at all, the internet that’s been so momentous, funny, weird, and surprising—that internet could cease to exist. Here’s your chance to preserve a beautiful thing.)
For future reference.
For those who would ever need it. -C
reblogging here because i can see this being relevant to anyone who’s ever tried to get out of an abusive relationship
Reblogging because that last comment made me reread the whole thing in a new light and realize this could be vital information. So, putting it out there for everyone, and hoping no one ever really needs it.
Aang deals with cultural appropriation - (x)
People need to stop reblogging this without the rest of the comic :^)
Part 1: Aang has a negative reaction to people who mistakenly hurt his feelings but had good intentions.
Part 2: Aang calms down and acknowledges that those people’s intentions were good and instead of being upset offers to educate and inform those people and SHARES his culture.
Good message there.
|—||Jon Stewart addressing Fox News’s (white) correspondents whining about hearing about race issues in the United States (via recklessinsanity)|